Friday, June 15, 2012

Bye Bye Fat Girl.


Last night I stayed up until 3 a.m. reading this blog .  It was really inspiring to me.  I have pretty much struggled with weight most of my life.  When I was a little girl I was so thin.  Tiny, really it looked like I never ate.  Then it all changed when I was a teenager, maybe 14??   While ttc we found out that I have PCOS. 

For those of you who know about this it makes it difficult to lose weight.  Well anyway fast forward 15 years and I am still over weight and I am SO TIRED!!!  Here is why..

  • I hate to try on clothes 
  • I have never found a "perfect' pair of jeans
  • I can't climb stairs without being out of breath
  • I have a small wardrobe bc there isn't much that I am comfortable wearing
  • I DONT wear bathing suites, even the ones with covers
  • I'm tired all the time 
This is only scratching the surface.  Don't get me wrong.  I have "tried" and I use that term loosly.  Here a few things I have "tried":

* Zumba dvds - with the zumba sticks :)
* Biggest loser dvd
* Treadmill- currently collecting dust
* Prenatal yoga- I did this while I was pregnant
* Pilates dvds
* 2-3 gym memberships
* south beach diet books
* low carb diets
* juicing

I'm getting frustrated just writing about that.  I just want to be comfortable in my own body.

I will be turning 30 in 3 months.  I want to get started now.  Eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. 

I will document it all here the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I will start by listing my weight.  I can't believe that I am doing this but here it is.

240 lbs.  :(  I'm 5'5 so technically I'm considered severly obese.  I am currently a size 16.  I will post pictures along the way along with what is working for me. 

Here I go.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment