Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This morning he cried


As of Monday, he started daycare.  Only a parent who had dropped off their child to daycare for the first time can understand how I felt on Monday.  He didn't cry when I left because I creeped out when he wasn't looking.  I felt so bad.  It was like I was leaving a little piece of my heart behind. {sad face}   

I hate that I have to leave him but I know that along with the fact that I have to, he will make friends and socialize with kids his own age.  From what his teacher told me, he had no problems playing with the other kids.  I can't believe how much he has grown.  Last night I was scanning through some old pictures and I found one of me holding him just days after he was born and he was so small.  

Now my eyes water when he does something new.  He is so smart and so loving and sweet.  I am so proud and honored to be his mommy.  Being a mommy to this little one isn't always easy.  Terrible-twos are just around the corner.  It's beginning to show its ugly little head here and there like the other day when he threw a fit just outside of the car door because he did not want to get off.  But I'm learning that even those moments are precious and soon he will grow too old for fits.  I will post pics of that little fiasco later on.

- Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment