Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Frank- Austin TX





I am finally getting around to posting the pictures of the trip to Austin.  Let me start by saying that hubby and I had a great time.  It was nice to get away and enjoy each others company.  A part of our trip was trying out these places that we found online.  We don't know anyone in Austin so we were trying these places with blinders on.  



Okay let me tell you, if you are ever in Austin, you HAVE to try this hotdog place called Frank.  OMG it was good.  The inside of the restaurant was unique as you can tell by the ceiling fan... the atmosphere in this place was so cool and laid back.  


This is me drinking my water out of  a mason jar... cute I know.  This was on the day that we arrived.  Lunch. Yummy.


Speaking of yummy.  This is my hubby David.   And that's me in the reflection of his glasses.  :)


This yummy dish was the appetizer.  Making my mouth drool just looking at the picture.  This was the house special: waffle fries topped with cheese, avocado pico de gallo, and smoked pork!!! Oh it was good.


This was dessert.  A homemade chocolate chip cookie topped with sugar crusted bacon. Need I say more!


For David: a Chicago dog. Hot dog, pickle,onion, tomatoes, relish and peppers and celery salt.   I tasted it... yep it was goooooood.


For me: the nacho dog.  Get ready for this.  Hot dog, beans, cheese, pico de gallo, jalapenos, and sour
cream.  This by far was the best hot dog that I have ever had.

This place was well worth the trip.  Food was great and the prices were reasonable.


No comments:

Post a Comment